ENGL 102 Research Essentials (Livanos)
By the end of this session, you will be able to...
- Understand the differences between the free internet and library subscription databases.
- Be able to create appointments with both research coaches and writing tutors.
- Be aware that citation management/content management tools exist, and know how to become proficient with these tools
- Navigate a course research guide to find different types of source materials:
- Reference Materials
- Viewpoint essays
- News sources
- Journal articles
- Construct effective database searches for journal articles.
- One idea per line
- Separate searches for separate points in paper
- Use limiters
- Use subject terms
- Monday, September 18, 2017
- 11:00am - 11:50am
- McKee Library Instruction Lab (bottom floor)
- McKee Library
- Instruction Session