Introduction to Public Speaking (Keyes)
By the end of this session, you will be able to...
- Identify a potential information source as primary, secondary, and/or tertiary
- Explain which characteristics of a source position it on a hierarchy of evidence
- Navigate a course research guide to find different types of source materials:
- Reference Materials
- Viewpoint essays
- News sources
- Journal articles
- Construct effective database searches for journal articles.
- One idea per line
- Separate searches for separate points in paper
- Use limiters
- Use subject terms
- Locate source material for your speech and send those sources to yourself (goal: 2 sources by the end of class)
Related LibGuide: COMM 135: Introduction to Public Speaking by Jessica Spears
- Monday, July 31, 2017
- 9:00am - 9:50am
- McKee Library Instruction Lab (bottom floor)
- McKee Library
Registration has closed.